Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Ode to Mi Hermano....

Today....is the day my brother was born. 

My oldest brother to be exact. He is exactly ten years older than me....so if you can figure that out, you will know the big double digit number he is turning. 


So since me and him are far apart, I would like to write an ode to his awesomeness. 

Sorry Josh....but I am not that great at being lyrical, but bear with me....(most of what I have is courtesy of the internet)

Mi hermano,

I thought of a birthday gift, shiny and new...
That I thought I would purchase and send to you

Than I thought of a different gift, better than before
And I thought how you'd smile when it came to your door

In my mind it was awesome, and I imagine you thought it was great
But then I thought of the cost, and the shipping and freight

 Being a college student, money is so tight
So I thought that this particular ode to you might be right. 
Or at least...make your day bright.

I wanted to give or say just a bit
to you, my great big brother who is full of awesome wit

 So, I am grateful for thy loving care 
and for the times when we compared our hair.


I love you, big bro
and hope your life is never afflicted with one woe.

Happy Birthday! :)

b.

1 comment:

  1. Thank for posting that great picture of me with a pony tail on the world wide web. At least you didn't use my last name so it won't pop up when people google me (like anyone ever googles me anyway).

    Seriously, thanks for the birthday wishes. Ben and I will have to get together and do something special like this for your birthday;)

    ReplyDelete