Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You've just been falafeled.

Tuesday: 

This is what I did today. 


Yes. I read a book. 

Not the most productive thing I could do, but hey, it's summer and my job hasn't started yet.

So....I'm improvising. 

And borrowing an over excessive amount of books from the library. 

Did I mention how much I LOVE the library?

It has been my best friend since I have been home. 

But then, my friends Vanessa and Maddie suggested going on an outing. 

Sadly....I didn't get their text until two hours later. 

My texting skills are getting worse. 

Thankfully, when I got back to them, they hadn't left yet! 

So we all hopped into a car and headed to Panera Bread.

Where I got a Wild Berry Smoothie. 

With one of the biggest straws I've ever seen. 


I almost mistook it for a mini telescope.

And so I spied innocently...until my friend told me that it might look a little creepy. 

Oops....

I'll just use it as a lightsaber from now on then. 

From Panera, we headed to Gordmans to look for Mother's Day presents. 

Instead, we found:

Super short prom dresses. 

70's outrageous stretchy bell-bottomed pants. 

Feather earrings that were 8 inches long. 

Seriously....I measured. 

And super awesome flameless candles. 

Needless to say, we have learned that finding gifts for our mothers is not easy. 

So we headed back home.....

Made a quick trip to Safeway. 

Bought some milk and cookies. 


Shure, Bert! Oreo cookies to be exact. 

They were a little weird at first, but I have to say, they did taste like sherbet. 

Then we played Mario Party until midnight. 

On the Wii.

With British accents. 

It was pretty stellar. 

b. 

1 comment:

  1. Reading books in not a frivolous pastime - or else I am in BIG trouble. I love our library too. It is 4 stories high & I love to go to the top find a window and read (or look at craft books!)
    Sounds like you & your friends had the best time - you are fun to shop with & that straw was beyond amazing - British accents, why that's delicious. Love ya

    ReplyDelete