Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Must sleep....must.

Sometimes when I'm tired, words just don't come to my brain.

Neither do witty anecdotes or amusing remarks.

My brain is just thinking, Go to bed.....Go to bed.....Close your eyes.....Nothing else matters.....Go to Bed.

But I will strive to make this awesome.


Before 1st day of Work (Tuesday):

Going to work sounded exciting.

It sounded like it had a lot of benefits. Getting out of the house, making some money, going up on the top of Pikes Peak.

The idea appealed to me.

Tucked in shirts don't though, but I'll get over that hopefully. Neither does getting up at 6:00 am just to get ready.

But working sounded good.


After Work:

Ughhhhhh..... about sums it up.

When I got home, I was exhausted.

I didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and moan because every inch of me hurt.

I think my hurts even had aches.

It was a great learning experience though and since then, for the last 4 days, I have learned so much.

Like how sleep is the greatest blessing the Lord has given me.

How water makes your bladder explode.

How I can't whistle on top of a 14,000 foot tall mountain.

How I sound Texan.

How Pikes Peak makes their awesome donuts.

How beautiful Colorado looks from up on the Summit.




Yeah.

Life doesn't get better than this.

Well....unless more sleeping hours were included in the day.

b.

3 comments:

  1. You write beautifully. I loved reading it and feeling it and remembering and then getting excited about visiting you and whistling at 14,000 feet and eating delicious donuts and . . . well . . . sleeping!
    You bring me SMILEs. Thanks.
    Oh - and I am sooooo glad you sound Texan - be sure to say "Ya'all come back."
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Sue! Working has been tough....but I am so excited for you to come and visit! It will be so much fun! When are you guys planning to stop by?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete