Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Trials....

Once upon a time there was a relief society lesson in which we were talking about repentance. It was great, but one part really stood out to me. I don't remember exactly how it had relevance to the lesson, but it stuck with me nonetheless.

Anyway, in this part, the teacher was explaining how one of the leaders would tell her to stop praying for patience because each time she did she would come to church looking frazzled because the Lord would put a trial in her way to help her to learn patience.....

Well, today I learned that same lesson.

I asked for patience regarding filling out job applications and the Lord definitely humbled me today.

It was a very hard day. One that I wish I could say I handled gracefully.....but let's just say I'm human.

Some tears were shed.

But I learned a lot and am grateful to see that Heavenly Father does listen to me and does answer my prayers.

He loves me and that is something I will never give up.

b.


2 comments:

  1. Patience is hard to learn. One thing I love about journal writing or blogging is that I can look back and reread times in my life where I have struggled and then see how I handled things and grew. Sometimes its not pretty, but I've found (after looking back) that sometimes the most comical times in life were the times that were hardest to get through. Good luck girl! You are lovely and even though you may not think so, do handle so many things gracefully!

    ReplyDelete