Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Keep on being beautiful, Miss.

I have a confession.

Wait....no. It's more of a realization, I guess. 

Because before this week, I never really considered myself one. 

Or maybe the correct way to say that would be I didn't recognize it. 

Until....I started to read my previous posts. 

And really dissect what my recent purchases at the store meant. 

Then it hit me. 

I am a nerd. 

An obsessive, overenthusiastic nerd. 

And I love it. 

I love when my father covers his ears during the romantic parts in Jane Austen films because I scream and giggle like nobody else. 

I love the feeling of a book in my hands. 

I love watching my favorites tv series and movies over and over and over again. 

I love Jane Austen, Harry Potter, The Avengers, Calvin and Hobbes, Star Trek, Disney films, Psych, Iron Man and all the other superhero movies in general. 

I just love them so much....

So, in light of my a epiphany, I thought I would cultivate my newfound nerd-ness. 

I present to you
The Pins of the Weeks

(Aka: Beth's obsessions.) 

First up...

(drumroll)

The Avengers.

I love the Avengers more than I will ever be able express. 
I know that I've said this before, but I just can't help but say it again. 
I just loved the characters and the actors 
who played them and the awesome chemistry. 


I loved the witty, sarcastic, and laughter inducing lines scattered throughout the whole film.
Most from Tony Stark whom I literally cannot get enough of. 
Iron Man 3 couldn't come sooner.



The Avengers was just awesome. 
Pure, uncontaminated awesomeness.


Next?
Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster. 
The best crime solving team on television.
I used to be a huge fan of all of the CSI shows, but after about eight seasons they have gotten a little dull. 
And repetitive.
But Psych.....
I don't think that will ever happen. 


It takes a little time to get this. 
Took me about thirty seconds. 
Hint?
The Hunger Games.
President Snow. 
Book Title. 
It's just too funny. 


Harry Potter and Disney. 
Two of my favorite things. 
But, before today, I had never thought their could be a link between the two. 
Got to give Disney some props on it's foreshadowing. 
:)


I love love love BBC television shows. 
I think they are 100% better than a lot of shows over here. 
Sherlock is one of my favorites. 
It might just be because of Benedict Cumberbatch. 
Yeah....
I AM (definitely)
SHER
LOCKED.


Last, but not least, the chosen comic books of my childhood, Calvin and Hoobes. 
Only 26 years later....
But still as awesome as the day it was created. 

b. 

1 comment: