Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

I don't want my children stuck in the 80's.

Being the thirteenth of July, Friday the thirteenth, to be exact, I did nothing.

Well.....okay. Not exactly nothing.

I got rid of some of my clothes. All of my tops can fit on one side of the closet now.

So thats an accomplishment, I suppose.

Then I organized all of my blog photos so that they are not filling up icon space on my desktop.

Thats something that needed to be done.

I also deposited my paycheck.

Not necessary, but I got out of my pajamas for that.

That one was a huge sacrifice.

But it was a good day off. A good relaxing and chill day off.

I love those.

Maybe Fridays that land on the thirteenth are actually lucky for me. That would be cool.


Anyway, instead of dragging you through an incredibly boring explanation of my day off (oops....sorry. I might have already done that), I thought I might go back in time for this post.

To July ninth.

Monday, to be exact.

I had the day off, so my mom and I decided to bring over Anaya for a sleepover.

An all girl's sleep over.

That night was great, but the real fun occurred the next day.

Can you guess what we did?

No....we didn't go to the water park or to the zoo or to the top of Pikes Peak. Thank goodness.

We didn't really go anywhere, but we did transform our kitchen into a space worthy of a true English tea party.

We went all out.

We made turkey and ham tortilla roll-ups.


And cucumber and strawberry cream cheese sandwiches. 


And scrumptious little bit size sugar cookies with a sugary glaze on top. 


Then, we set the table. 



It was a lovely arrangement for a lovely get together with just me, my mom, and my niece.

She was so excited to get the party started. 

So, after the table was set, we got our afternoon tea outfits on. 

Complete with jewelry, hats, fabulous dresses, and high heeled shoes. 




Yeah.....we had fun. 

I am so thankful to have a niece that loves to dress up and have little parties. 

Makes me feel like a little girl again. 


By the end of our elegant party, we were pooped. With the warm hot chocolate fueling our veins, we changed and drove Anaya home. 

Needless to day, we had a grand day. 

b. 


2 comments:

  1. What a great tea party! Looks like you had a wonderful time and a scrumptious meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J E A L O U S! and yet so happy for you.
    I do believe that you ladies know how to put on a divine Tea Party. Did you notice that one of the tortilla rolls was shaped like a heart? Your heart sandwiches were darling and the mini cookies were to die for . . . and hot cocoa. Ooooohhhhhh ... my mouth salivates at the mere thought.
    You could go into business!
    Ta ta dahling.

    ReplyDelete