Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

"Let's Go Fly A Kite...."

Reason #12 to why I am perpetually single:

To put it simply, I stink at flirting.

Think of the most awful smell you can think of and that is how much I stink at flirting with the opposite sex.

Just picture it:

Me at my new job standing behind the cash register concentrating hard on not making a huge, life altering mistake.

The next person in line is a reasonably attractive guy.

He says, "Hi, Bethany."

Don't worry. He's not a creeper. I definitely wear a name tag.

And of course, I say hi back. Ask him how he is doing.

The usual cashier greeting.

Then he says, "Is there anyway you could give me a good person discount?"

I smiled and said the first thing that came to my mind.

I can't remember it exactly, but it was lame and lacked any wit.

But don't worry the embarrassment doesn't end there.

When I gave him the total, he said, "Hey, look. You did it."

And I was liked, "Oh...yeah. I did."

This was meant to come out in a very sarcastic tone, but I guess it came out dead serious.

And he said, "Really?"

All I could say back was "Yeah." over and over again.

It was like my mouth was overriding every command the brain was giving it to just not say anything anymore.

Yeah....it is a chronic problem.

I've tried to get medication for it, but apparently there is no cure.

When I told Moriah the story, she said that she hopes I will find someone who will think it is endearing.

Hah!

That is just too funny.

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment